Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hermit Me...

I have been a hermit the past few days, enjoying (mostly) time with my new printer/scanner/copy/fax. LOVING the top document feeder. Without it I would never have been able to scan my Grandmother's wonderful geneology papers. She passed away a couple months ago and I have been designated to go through all her photos and little scraps of paper and scan them. Okay...I volunteered. I wanted to make sure I got a copy of her things and this was the best way to make sure that happened.

I have truly enjoyed learning so much more about her through her papers. I love to see the care she put into mounting newspaper clippings on cardboard and carefully wrapping them with plastic to keep them safe. She would write little notes of whatever she remembered...mostly dates for family history, and I keep finding little tidbits here and there. One of my favorite things I found in her geneology suitcase is this report card that was my great grandmother's, dated 1892.

I've learned so much about my family, and I've felt the spirit close. I'm so grateful for my wonderful Grandmother's example. She had a hard life, and always made the best of it. I love you Grandma! xoxoxox

1 comment:

  1. Thank you,

    I had to look up "Orthography" and found it is literally "correct writing." Orthography includes spelling, punctuation etc.

    ReplyDelete